I love goals. It’s probably the #plannergirl part of me, or maybe I’m just a straight up nerd (or would it make me a geek?), but goals are seriously awesome. Not only do they give you a ‘plan’ to follow, but the sense of satisfaction once you’ve completed a goal is hard to compare. I’ve been setting yearly goals for myself the last three years, and love it! It’s always nice to take a few moments to think about how you want your year to go. I highly recommend it.
I’ve never put together a list specifically for reading, but since this blog is something I want to keep going this year, I thought it’d be a good idea to start now! Usually I like to include some goals I know I probably won’t reach, but I want to try and make this list attainable to get myself off to a good start.
- Buy no new books for the remainder of 2017. Seriously, if you guys could see my bookshelves, it’s ridiculous how many unread books I have. Books for my son are excluded, of course, as well as audiobooks (I receive one download per month with my audible subscription).
- Read 25 total books (Jan 1st – Dec 31st). It’s a low number, I know. Especially for a ‘book blogger’. But this is one goal I want to put a big check mark next to!
- Post at least once a month. With an audible account, I generally finish at least one book per month just listening along at work, but even if I don’t (I do have some chunksters on there), I can still post something book related.
- Organize my bookshelves. We’ve lived in this house for two years and still I’ve not organized my books into any sort of system. Shameful.
- Meet new blogger friends. Reading is generally a solitary act, but it’s always more fun when you have people to talk about it with! I really want to find some blogger friends who have a similar taste in books.
What reading goals have you set for yourself this year, and how are they going for you?